Formal clothes make you looksmart, sharp and professional. They add up to your look and leave a very positive and impressive impact. It is very important to make sure that your closet is ruled by some really amazing formals. But, owning these forkals are not the only bait. You need to make sure that you are looking after these clothes properly. We invest a lot to but that one pair of perfectly fitting formal outfit. But, do we pamper them enough once we buy them? There are certain laundry rituals that you need to abide by when it comes to cleaning process of these formal clothes.
In this blog we will discuss the tips, tricks and tools to keep your formal clothes as good as new for the longest time!
- After you change into a different pair of clothes, be sure to let suits, coats and shoes air out for at least 30 minutes before you store them in your closet.
You may hang them up in a rack or hanger for air to pass through, avoid throwing them on a chair as it may cause crease and wrinkles. The air that passes through will not let any sweat odour be trapped inside your suits.
- Keep rotating your suits, jackets and shirts so that one piece is not worn way too many times. This will prevent your formals from going out of shape.
- Do not wash or chuck in your expensive shirts and trousers into the washing machine. They are made out of expensive fabrics and they need to be laundered at professional dry cleaners.
The reason behind doing so is that each garment has a specific kind of instruction and it is important to abide by it. And in households, we often end up overlooking them and that ruins the texture of the fabric over frequent washes.
- Your white oxford shirts need to be looked after with more care and quality!
Whites are always a tad bit difficult to look after and white formals are all the more tricky. You should never dare to mix up your white formals with coloured garments as it may stain the white fabric with other dyes.
- It is not important or necessary to dry clean your suits and trousers after every use. You may check out our blog on how and when to clean our formals.
- If you are washing your formal shirts at home, make sure that you are using cold water, hot water ruins the yarns by not keeping the intact.
- Another important thing to avoid is dryers! Do not use dryers for drying your formals. Let them dry out naturally instead. This will keep the clothes look new for a long time.
- Don’t use plastic
Well, there is an important theory behind this! The plastic breaks down over time and can interact with the fabric, which can weaken it or change the color as well.
Apart from this, it can also trap in humidity that can lead to mildew damage most of the times. Garments need to be able to breathe, so wrap them in plain cotton sheets or a cloth garment bag to keep them safe and also provides ventilation.
Being said all of this, let us conclude by saying that formal clothes do play an extremely important role in your closet. Like it is mentioned before, they make you look sharp, professional and also add a hint of professionalism to your clothes. So, it is important to look after these clothes and make sure that they are cleaned on regular intervals.